Friday, January 18, 2008

these are the times.



sometimes i get this ache in my stomach.
or an ache in my heart.
aches all around, that lift up my arms
to reach out
to touch something
other than
porcelain cases of
yesterday's shame.

i heard a man once,
wanted to travel the world
see its mystery and charm
feel its rushing rivers flow
under his hands
but then he tasted the
Transcendent
and
traded
all
that
in.

for a simple life of
voluntary lack.

for the Transcendent One is chief among ten thousand.

and so the ache is the blood
rushing through these veins
pumping life and hope and truth
that

this will all be worth it.

because sometimes i question.
and i wonder.
and i question.

and i think to myself,
"aye, why not throw this to the wind?
and embrace my little arms around the fanciful,
sparkling,
twinkling rib cage of the man called
'a vapor'
and dance with him til he is taken away..."

but it's a silly game.
to pour your love into a piece of grass.
here today
gone tomorrow.

i'd rather dance with the Invisible
who
takes
away
my
Shame.


[and again i say Rejoice.]

No comments: